These cookies are amazing.
Not only are they amazing because of their taste but they are also dairy and egg free!
They’re soft and chewy and yes they are vegan.
Now before you run off and think it won’t be great, stop and think.
This cookie dough is totally safe to eat, to put though ice cream or roll around in melted chocolate and put them in the fridge to make truffels.
You will need;
- 1/2 cup coconut oil (melted)
- 1 cup brown sugar
- 1/4 cup almond milk
- 1 tbs vanilla paste
- 2 cups flour
- 1 tsp baking soda
- 1 tsp baking powder
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1 cup chocolate bits
- Pre-heat your oven to 175c (350 degrees)
- Mix the melted oil and sugar until combined, add the vanilla and milk, mix until combined.
- Add two cups of flour, baking soda, baking powder and the salt, gentle stir them through on top to mix through.
- Now use your hands and combine it all together. If you use spoon you will end up with a crumbly mess, your hands will make sure the oil keeps warm and it all sticks together.
- Add your chocolate and knead through.
- Roll generous size balls, the bigger your ball the thicker your cookie. Do not flatten them, this will give you a thin cookie (unless you like thin more crisper cookies) place them on an ungreased baking sheet.
- Bake for 8- 10 minutes, just look, if they crack at top they are good to pull out.
- Let it cool for a few minutes before transferring/eating.
(this recipe originated from veganhousewives.com)